Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Triangle of Crysti, Debra and Margaret

So I've been censored by my son. He has requested that I do not post my political comments or view points on facebook, mainly because we do not agree on a few key items. Imagine that? Anyway, I have two friends who keep face book followers up to date on the latest happenings in the political race for President of the United States. I was just trying to give a few of my ideas when I was censored by someone I carried in my body for nine months, went through excruciating pain to bring into the world and have given my heart, mind, soul and most of my hard earned money to for 25 years, but I am not one to remind "him" what I have done for him, so I will move on. First, I really should be registered as an Independent because I vote for the person and I do vote across party tickets. Second, there are things that I agree with and disagree with from both political parties. Then there is Crysti and Margaret but back to me. OK, so I think we can all agree that Welfare has gotten out of hand, especially when it becomes generational and kids think their parents get paid at the post office, but as everything in life there are exceptions to the rule. I think it is OK for a single Mom, who has a dead beat father ex-husband, to receive help to return to college and then return to the workforce with a degree in hand and marketable skills. On to health care, I don't think it is fair for a couple to be working minimum wage jobs because that is all that is available and NOT have health care while someone "using" the system has government medical cards. I think there are many cases of disability fraud in this country. I see it everyday. I think disability was meant for people who really need it. At this point, I think the love triangle could all agree. Possibly??? So much to discuss before Justin gets on face book for the night. On to the middle class. I do not agree with the Republicans that $250,000.00 a year is middle class. I also think that the wealthy need to pay their fair share of taxes as I do which is nearer to 20% or more, not 14% like Mr, Romney said he pays.  I do believe in working and not expecting the government to support you, but sometimes life isn't fair and sometimes some people need help. Government assistance should not be a way of life for an entire life time if you are able to work and most people are. There is a difference between disabled and lazy. Some of you are lazy. I also agree, as I am sure that Margaret and Crysti do, that if you can afford cigarettes, beer, drugs, tattoos, a new I pad, I phone, I "anything" that you don't need food stamps. You might think of using that I pad or I phone to get yourself a job, and I mean a real job. face book and P interest are not real jobs. OK, I don't know how the other two feel about this and I'm going to make some folks angry with this statement. If you can't afford more than one kid, don't have more. There is something called birth control. Use it. Abortion is not birth control. Now, this will also make some folks mad but I don't think all abortions should be illegal. Would you want your daughter to be forced to have a baby if she were impregnated by a violent rapist? I wouldn't.  There are some other instances that I can also think of that might justify an abortion. Do I think the government should be paying for abortion, NO. Sorry Justin but I consider myself an environmentalist. This is not up for discussion. I'm just not all conservative or all liberal. I'm not all Democrat or all Republican. I think public schools are under funded and teachers are under paid. I think politicians should have one or at the most two terms and them teach school for a few years. I personally think we could all do better at being Americans by doing the following things.........

Take care of your health and reduce health care cost. Quit smoking, over eating, start exercising, etc.
Get a job and pay some taxes.
Support public schools by volunteering.
Create a paid job for someone, even if it is just for a day.
Keep informed and up to date about your local, state, and national government.
Hold government agencies and politicians accountable.
Hold yourself accountable.
Put education first and promote education to your children and grandchildren.
Teach your children about work not about handouts.
Vote and voice your opinion.
Be a role model for what you run your mouth about. Hopefully, you run your mouth about positive things.
Do the JFK thing "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."
Be a good citizen.
Teach your children about character, values and morals, then model them for them every day.
Volunteer in your community.
Save money, don't be in debt. If it is bad for the country, it is probably bad for you.
Don' t set back and expect someone else to take care of things. Do something to help. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Don't be afraid of making people angry by voicing your opinion. I love freedom of speech.
I LOVE AMERICA, ESPECIALLY WEST VIRGINIA AND FLORIDA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment