Thursday, August 21, 2014

Not Keeping My Mouth Shut, So Sue Me

On Wednesday, August 6, Mom wasn't feeling well. A care giver thought Mom may have a UTI so she checked at the Rowlesburg clinic about having a urine culture done. Mom hadn't been seen there in a year so it couldn't be done there. By Friday, August 8, Mom was passing clots. The care giver doing the weekend shift was concerned but Rick and someone in the medical profession decided that Mom could wait to be evaluated the following week when a home health care nurse came to the house. Sometime between 5 and 7AM on Saturday, Mom was found in a pool of blood in her bed passing large clots. The care giver tried to call Rick, who demanded he be medical power of attorney and also demands the care givers call him before any decisions are made, wasn't answering his phone. This is typical weekend behavior for him. Many times telling care givers not to call him from Friday through Monday. The care giver knew he was camping on the Meadow. She left Mom and Dad alone and drove to the Meadow. She found Rickey sleeping in his camper and his phone was in his truck. When she explained the situation and said your Mom needs an ambulance. His response was.....Äre you sure?" She drove back to the house, called the ambulance and helped load Mom on the ambulance. Rick did take 45 minutes out of his busy schedule to sign Mom into Preston Memorial but left her alone to return to camping on the meadow. My Mom will soon be 86. Is basically deaf and was hemorrhaging. It is difficult for her to hear questions or answer them. At some point, the care giver called me and asked me if I knew what was going on. Of course I didn't. I became frantic. I am not allowed to call Rickey per his request and orders from a state trooper he called so I began calling anyone and everyone to find out about my Mom. At one point, PMH reported she wasn't there at the same time Mon General was reporting she wasn't there. I was in tears. I called Justin. He started calling and in a round about way found out she was being transported to Mon General. Where was Rickey? He was picnicking on the Meadow. He had told Justin to check on Mom because he had promised to teach one of Linda's friends how to kayak. So that was more important than Mom. I admit I was livid. I was in tears figuring out how to get to Mom financially and physically. He was 12 miles from Kingwood. I was over 800 miles away in Florida. Justin and Cassie went to the hospital and spent the evening with Mom. I called. The care giver had driven Dad to the hospital. Rick was still on the Meadow. I talked to Mom and Dad. They told me not to come home. I knew I needed to get home. I had basically already made up my mind when the care giver called me early Monday morning and said "Your Mom had a rough night and I think you need to come home." Jim gave me the money and loaned me his car and said go. I drove 14 hours and arrived in Mom's room at around 1:30 AM Tuesday. I spent most of the next three days with Mom or sleeping at Justin's and Cassie's house. My friends came to the hospital to visit Mom. Thursday the doctor told me that Mom would probably be released Friday. Thursday a care giver had brought Dad to the hospital and I took him to Cassie and Justin's so he could see their house and visit with Justin and their dogs. While I was at the hospital on Thursday instead of Rick visiting his mother, he came to Rowlesburg to stir shit. He involved the Sheriff, Barb Banister, and even left a message on Connie's ex- husband's phone. Crazy, yes. I assume he is or one of the complainers about dog food. Pathetic. He reported an AC stolen to the sheriff. An AC that my Dad bought and loaned to Connie from the rental house, that Rick knew was at Connie's house. The deputy that came to Connie's house indicated they are sick of Rick's lame complaints. So why does everyone keep protecting Rick? Why would Barb Banister not admit that Rick is behind the dog food complaint? Why won't the Sheriff tell Rick enough is enough. Why do the neighbors on Oak Street cater to Rick? I am sick and tired of him and his BS but I am not shutting up, so sue me.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written, Deb! I've witnessed a few of Rick's tantrums, and , to me, they're sick to see!!! Cindy and I keep your Mom and Dad in our prayers, and I wish I could help them more with their yard work, but, like you stated...Rick apparently has that taken care of too. Anyways...still praying for your parents, and don't worry, WE WON'T SUE YA! ha,ha... GOD BLESS YOU AND JIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are blessed to have you. Don't let "The Master of All Things" push you out of their lives. They need you.

    ReplyDelete