Friday, September 5, 2014

Thy Will Be Done

I was going to post on face book but decided to blog instead. There was just a knock at the door, another registered letter to sign for from JoAnne's attorney. I once again got that sickening feeling and a flush of anger that so often takes over when I have to deal with her and her lies. I decided to not open the package of legal jargon and instead write and calm my soul.

My initial thought is always, does she really think she is going to get by with this?  Does she forget that my friends and I know how she treated Gary, especially the last year of his life?  Does she not realized I documented the last 24 hours of his life, from his bedside, and her total lack of compassion, concern and help in making him comfortable? Does she not realize that we have pieced together that during his last chemo treatment she was going through his personal emails, bank accounts, and records.

While my friends and I changed his bed, tried to feed him fluids, wiped his lips with a moist sponge, and dropped morphine drops into his mouth, she shopped on E-bay.  Gary once told me that she was so difficult and hard to reason with that he would go out into the backyard and break down and cry.  I knew it was bad but not that bad. Yet, he stayed married and took care of her financially.

The frustration I have felt dealing with her for the last two years is insurmountable. I can't imagine the decades that he endured it. I asked him "why" he did it on one of his final days? He said it was a husband's duty. Gary was a much better person than me. David was too. I admit it. My tears still fall daily because I can't call and talk to them and hear their laughter. I want to mourn for them but every day there is another knock on the door, another document to copy, phone call to make, notes to take, e-mail to answer.

I think, how could any lawyer, even a poor attorney, not see through her? My mind turns to Casey Anthony's legal team hugging her, cheering and celebrating her and their victory. They had just legally maneuver the freedom of a young mother who duct taped her daughter's mouth, killed her and left her lifeless body in a ditch to rot.  It is a game to attorneys. They don't care about the truth or fairness nor justice. Winning, power and money are their Gods.

Someday soon I will begin the book and in great detail I will document the last 24 hours of Gary's life and the hell that followed for me over the next year dealing with the incompetence of America's legal system, greedy evil people and others who just sit by and watch.

The last year has hardened me and made me acutely aware that there is evil in this world, that there are evil people. I have to admit I was once totally naïve to this concept. I thought if you were patient enough that you could eventually talk sense into anyone. I don't believe that any more. I know for a fact that evil is everywhere now. It sits beside me in church. It is my neighbor. A family member. The person I am standing behind in the grocery store. Sad but true. All you have to do is watch the news.

Until, now, this battle has been mine alone to fight but I am passing the touch on to someone younger. Someone who hasn't been worn down by her day after day for two years. She and her attorney threaten me but I will not be silenced. The facts are on documents, the notes are taken, the witnesses exist, the court hearing is recorded, the book will be written and vengeance will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment