Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Me, Tara and Blue Eye Shadow

I decided it was time to restock my old make up and face care products so I scheduled an appointment with the local Mary Kay person. I told Tara to come over, if she wanted and play with make-up this afternoon. I will give it to Tara on this one. She is knowledgeable about make-up.  Me not so much. Tara thinks I'm stuck in the 80's but actually it is the 70's. I admit I'm stuck on blue eyeliner, eye shadow and blue mascara. Tara spent the entire afternoon putting makeup on me and trying to steer me away from blue anything. I actually was more interested in the facial care program. You know, anti aging, moisturizer, and cleanser products. Mary Kay has two products I'm addicted to, which would be their under eye gel and the moisturizer for dry skin. I needed the moisturizer in the dry air, indoor, winter climate of West Virginia. I would coat my body in it. I convinced Tara to buy it. Tara and I also  did the lip products, facial products. Last was make up. I had told Kelly on the phone that I really liked blue so she got out the blue samples and Tara started rolling her eyes and telling me that blue was so not cool and was not age appropriate for me. Tara obviously forgot that I do what I want and don't tend to listen to anyone, especially former students, so I reminded her. I did let Tara apply my make up and she did a good job but didn't use the shade of blue I liked. Once again she told me that the shade I wanted was not age appropriate. Tara did a good job on her make up but had to leave to get Preston a bottle. I knew this was my chance to order all my blue make up before she got back, which I did. Actually, the price of the make up was more than worth it when I saw the look on Tara's face when I told her that I not only had bought blue eye shadow but blue liner and mascara. Anyway, I get to try all my new products tonight and Tara came over to show me her make up and clothes before she went out on her dinner date this evening. She had reapplied all her make up.  I thought she looked fine but she had gone from a day time look to an evening look. I don't have that problem. I wear blue for everything, 24 hours a day, for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment