Monday, January 2, 2012

My New Job Mother of the Groom

I have a new job starting today. Justin proposed to Cassie this morning at sunrise at the beach.  Before anyone thinks "how romantic", Justin was going fishing anyway.  He takes Cassie to hold the fishing pole while he puts a new shrimp on the hook. I guess he thought I'll kill two birds with one stone while I'm at the beach. Anyway, it sounds romantic and Cassie was happy so I guess that is all that matters. I was back home in bed with the pets and Rob. We are trying to balance two dogs and Midnight this week. Midnight hates Bailey and Buster. Bailey hates Buster. Buster hates Midnight. I'm constantly putting one in one room and trying to feed the other. Anyway back to my new job. I am Mother of the Groom. I am not sure what my job is but I think Justin and I are going to have some problems. So far he thinks they are registering at Cabelas and honeymooning in Alaska. He thinks hunting and fishing could be a wedding theme and camouflage is a wedding color choice. I on the other had would like a Royal Wedding theme. I have watched all the Royal Weddings and Kate and William's wedding is so recent in my mind that it would be easy to duplicate. Cassie and I were practicing our English accents today. Justin was not amused. I started looking up appropriate castles or estates for the location today. Justin informed me that it would not be a formal wedding and that I may not be invited if I kept insisting on a theme. OK, the dolphin/mermaid, pirate, Cinderella at the Castle, Rhett and Scarlet, and Gypsies,Tramps and Thieves may have been a little over the top but there has to be a theme. I started picking out my dress tonight and that made Justin mad, too. It is a lovely little number from Nordstorms. Justin informed me that it looked like a nightgown. Cassie and I have spent hours on Pinterest and wedding web sights today looking for ideas. A location still needs to be picked, a theme, decorations, centerpieces, flowers, a caterer, favors, colors, invitations, etc. Justin just doesn't seem interested. He feel asleep in the car when we were trying to discuss it. He asked if registering at a gun shop was appropriate. I think he wants deer jerky and ramps at the reception. I mean what is a Royal Mother of the Groom to do?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Get ready for a roller coaster ride! Morgan got married in August. It was a year of planning. We tried to give her what she wanted, untraditional as she is. We had a thumb print tree instead of a guestbook, a wine ceremony during the vows, Coldstone Creamery at the reception, bridesmaids who wore what they wanted, and a "Drunk Bus" to take those who needed it to an old farmhouse that we had rented for the weekend (in Jane Lew behind the state 4-H camp. Everything turned out beautifully, after the rain cleared out right before it was to begin. Good Luck with everything. etsy.com is a great site, and you can see the albums on my facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee Haw! My little boy has grown up...well maybe not so much.

    My little girl, Debra, has grown up...well maybe not so much.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete