Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions

The idea is good but the execution is poor. I always have the best intentions every January 1st of executing some wonderful list of self improvements. The plan usually last until I get out of bed. So this year I am using reverse psychologically and making non resolutions to see if that works any better. I resolve or not resolve to: loose weight, exercise, keep my opinions to myself, be nice to David, not complain to Rob, eat less candy, take less naps, spend less time on social networking, drink less pop, eat less M&M's, clean up the kitchen every night, stay out of candy aisles, sound like I care, pay attention to people when they are saying stupid things, generally pay attention, learn to use my phone, learn to use my computer better, take exercising more serious, be less sarcastic, be grateful for having brothers, pay attention to Rob when he opens his mouth, eat less mashed potatoes, be nice to Chris on facebook, quit making schedules, stop telling Justin that Midnight is his brother, stop referring to myself as the Queen, treating others like they are my servants, talking to Midnight like he cares, obsessing about holiday decorations, trying to find the perfect beach chair, adding chocolate to everything, and making lists. I think this is going to be a very good year.  The pressure is off and all I really have to do is just get up and keep doing what I've been doing for the last 50 years and I should feel pretty good about myself. Now, where is my tiara?

No comments:

Post a Comment