Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Advice from a 10 year old

Today at school one of my little girls informed me that I probably needed to put a word or symbol on my face book posts that indicated sarcasm. I asked her if she understood my sarcasm and why was she looking at my posts when I had defriended anyone under 18? She said yes she understood my sarcasm and she was on her Mom's FB page and her Mom said it was OK. We then get into a discussion about if she was a 10 year old in fourth grade and understood my sarcasm why wouldn't adults. She replied with, "I'm just saying Mrs. Morell, I think the sarcasm indicator would be a good thing for you."  I replied back that I thought that if an adult couldn't understand the sarcasm that a 10 year old could, maybe they shouldn't be following me or my face book posts. One of the boys in the class at that point commented that you most definitely should not follow Mrs. Morell's Face book if you don't understand sarcasm. I think that was a compliment, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I guess my kids are looking out for me because they are afraid someone might not understand me, even though they do. It is really nice to have a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds looking out for you because honestly, they are honest. They are refreshing and they tell each other the way it is everyday. They aren't two-faced or fake. You know where they stand and they let you know what they really think. If they think your hair looks stupid they tell you. If they think your being boring, they put their heads down and go to sleep. If they think lunch sucks, you know it. I never have to wonder what they really think or what they are up to. Maybe that is why I've always liked kids better than adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment