Tuesday, May 3, 2011

6 days until the Twin's Birthday

OK it is only 6 days until David's birthday and mine, too.  I will take this chance to clear up some common misconceptions.  One, we have the same birthday.  This week end someone asked me why David gets presents on my birthday. Although, I've wondered the same thing at times, it is his birthday, also.  Two, we are fraternal twins, I repeat, FRATERNAL TWINS.  David is a boy and I am a girl. My doctor even asked me once if we were identical of fraternal.  I, at that point asked him what medical school he went to.  To be identical twins, one egg splits, which means all your parts, and I MEAN ALL,  are identical. I think our spouses will vouch for the fact that we are not identical.  Now for a few other not so noticeable differences.  I am nice.  David is not.  I can read.  David can, but doesn't.  David ate baby food for years.  I ate real food.  David was and is still irresponsible.  I had to carry his milk money to school because Mom didn't trust him. David thinks eggs, sausage, and toast is a healthy breakfast. All must be fried and dripping in grease. I've always preferred cereal for breakfast. I was always quiet and shy as a child.  David always wanted to be the center of attention. I am the good twin. David is not. I always kept my room clean. David doesn't understand one principal of organization.  OK, so we are alike in a few ways.  We are both sarcastic, love kids, teach 4th grade, cheer for the underdog, make each other laugh to the point we use to spit milk across the table at each other, love our families, love God, and especially love each other.  But David, please don't forget my birthday this year.

2 comments: