Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tara and Baby Preston's Baby Shower Toast

So once again one of Julie's daughters has made her a grandmother before me and for that I am grateful.  This baby is very special to me because it is a boy.  Julie so deserves a boy.  For years Julie would come to school and share with me the wonderful things Tara had done or made the night before - decorated the house for fall, made hot spiced cider from the new Martha Stewart magazine, put up the Christmas tree and decorated it, made fresh apple cinnamon dumplings.  I could only share muddy football uniforms, a litter strewn bedroom, and Justin lying on the couch in his boxers when I got home, asking me what we were having for dinner.  I cannot forget the mornings at school, after sitting on the bleachers in the rain the night before at an out of town 9th grade football game,  Julie making me hold Tara's pageant jewelry to the window to see if it sparkled enough.  I always told Julie she needed  a boy.  She said never.  Tara, for Preston, I will always be grateful.  I will be buying him many gifts and pets. Tara, I know you are probably thinking - why is it always about my Mom and Debra.  all I can say is, IT IS!, but we also love you and Preston, and always will.  We will be there for you when you need us and probably when you don't.  Life is amazing, and amazingly crazy and if you think it ever goes as planned, well we all know that it doesn't.  Tara, best wishes for you and Preston, may you always be surrounded by loving, caring family and friends, and may Preston be every bit the boy Justin was for me because your mother deserves nothing less.

1 comment: