Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Life Never Really Changes and The Exorcist

So all I wanted was a good night's sleep after a couple of stressful days. That is not possible in this family. Enter David. After a shower, on Sunday night and a day of errands for Mom and Dad and Justin and Cassie, I just wanted my AC bedroom and quiet. This was not to be had with David in town.  At 1:30 AM Monday our phone rang. I instantly thought of Mom and Dad.  No, it was David.  "Debra, come let us in your house, now!" What?"  We need to sleep at your house." "Rob, go let David in."  By now, Rob knows this is never a good thing. I walked downstairs to greet David's family who had been run off the Meadow by some late night drunks.  Hey drunks, if you are reading this, thanks a lot!  I would have told them to get off the property or I was going to go psycho.  Justin would have just had a little fun target practice in the dark.  Buttttttttttt David has to involve me at 1:30 AM in the morning.  This is nothing new, believe me.  One foggy summer night of our 16th year a bunch of us went to see the Exorcist at the Grafton Drive-in.  Remember the Exorcist, Linda Blair (Megan) possessed by demons, turning head, throwing up, spewing expletives at the priest, OK, so this does sound a little like me.  Anyway, we get home late that night. David goes to his bedroom and I go to my pink shag carpeted bedroom.  I am sound a sleep when  I sense a body beside me calling my name .... "Debra, Debra !!!!"  "Can I sleep with you?"  "WHAT !!!!!!!!!"  I know it is Preston County but really that is just a nasty urban legend.  "No you can't sleep with me!"  "What is wrong with you?" " I'm afraid."  David thought he was going to become possessed by demons.  Maybe if he hadn't tortured me and my dolls he would not be ridden with quilt. I told him to sleep on the floor. I fell back to sleep, only to awake and find David beside my bed.  I had forgotten he had come into my room and bolted up right and screamed.  At that point, David thought I was possessed and we both screamed. What a night. My life has been one crazy wild ride after another. All I ever wanted was a good night's sleep and a few other things. Funny thing, Mom didn't even ask why David was on the floor of my bedroom the next morning. I think she was so happy he was finally off of baby food at 16, she didn't question much.

2 comments: