Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mountaineer Football

If the Mountaineers lose, Rob can't sleep, Justin is in a bad mood, and everyone has an opinion for days. I'm different because I enjoy the entire experience, whether we win or lose. I really like winning, don't get me wrong. I love beating Pitt with a passion. I just don't lose sleep over the game. Rob and I met at WVU so there will always be that link to our school. I love dressing up in Mountaineer attire. The game becomes a social experience for me. I love walking around tailgating with Rob seeing old friends, family, and making new friends. I love the festivie atmosphere the entire stadium takes on. I LOVE THE BAND! I like pregame, halftime and getting to know everyone sitting around us in the stands. OK, we lost the bowl game but we met some new people, we hung out in Orlando for awhile, the band was good, had a good hotdog, and the sky was blue and gold.

2 comments:

  1. OK OK Debra has a point (She usually does!) I really do not like this ---but I do agree with her. I do have to wind down after a night game loss, before I go to sleep. I am a Mountaineer fan that means a passion and intensity that sets us apart from the rest of other fans. YES I had a great time going to Orlando, being at the Citrus Bowl, the tailgating etc.. , the band, watching the other Mountaineer fans, blue and gold everywhere-- Watching our team play that poorly hurts to watch, tests our pride as Mountaineers, BUT win or lose -- I'm a loyal and faithful Mountaineer fan, with hopes of a better season next year. Now lets support WVU basketball. Lets Go Mountaineers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Not a good night in Morgantown for WVU basketball either! Even I am a loyal Mountaineer fan...except when they play my Herd!
    Gotta go listen to Huggs in the post game. Might be scary...

    ReplyDelete