Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow on palm trees

My first time to see snow on palm trees. Snow as far south as Columbia, SC is unusual. Also, finally saw some blue sky and the sun today for the first time in a month. Rob and I had quiet time in the car together for hours. Well, I was in the car and Lady Gaga was playing part of the time so it wasn't perfectly quiet. Snow covered roads and snowing from Rowlesburg through North Carolina. Less snow in South Carolina. We are headed towards sunny and high 50's tomorrow so that means flip flops for me. It really is the sun I miss. Justin and Cassie are taking care of Mom and Dad, our house and Midnight, so a big thank you to them for giving Rob and me a chance to get away. The sun gives life and so do lots of people in our lives. Everyday someone brings sun into my life, a family member, a student, a parent, a friend. Think for a moment, who brings sun into your life? Who nourishes your soul? I have had lots of "people sun" in my life that help make the dark days of winter better for me. My husband, my son, my family, and friends. I hope that I also bring sun into others lives, especially on their dark winter days.

1 comment: