Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wish I would have learned this earlier in life.

Bad things happen to everyone. I still question why certain things happen but I have come to accept that bad things happen to everyone. There is no vaccine or insurance plan you can buy to keep things from happening. I know many of us look at other people and think "Wow", they have it made. Believe me, no one has it made. You can't work hard enough or long enough or make enough money to keep bad things from happening. I think at times we lead such superficial lives that we at times really have no idea what other people are going through. I was chatting with a face book and actual friend the other day about the way some people tend to color their lives on face book. I tend to be the opposite, yet still guarded as to what I say. So I think some people, especially the younger ones, tend to think that everyone has it "made", but them. No one has it made. Money can not insulate anyone from tragedy or sadness. So is there an upside to all of this? Yes, I believe that trying times, obstacles put in our path, struggles with health, finances, or family make us stronger, build character and allow us to genuinely enjoy the good times. My grandmother use to say that "everyone has their cross to bear".  The older I become the more I realize the truth in that statement. None of us have a perfect life. A wise man once said to me, "Debra, if a group of people walked in this room and everyone threw their problems and burdens in a pile in the center of the room, do you really think you would choose someone elses problems? I walked out of that room only to walk by an older gentleman with no arm.  I know many people at this time carrying great burdens. I can only hope others will reach out to them and help them accept, live through, and grow through their trying times.

1 comment:

  1. Every single one of us has a story and all of us have issues...should call us to view each other with compassion and patience instead of judgement and irratibility.

    ReplyDelete