Monday, August 22, 2011

Big City Chris Visits Country Girl Debra

Chris, as in Chris Phillips the person who constantly agitates me on face book came for a visit to the “burg”, as in Rowlesburg, week end before last.  Chris acts like he doesn’t like me but he is totally fascinated with me, as most people are.  He couldn’t just say he was coming to Rowlesburg to visit me so he came up with all these lame excuses of things he wanted to do with other people. I had Justin do a photo shoot of the day so I had proof that Chris actually lowered his self to hang out with me in Rowlesburg. 

The day began with Rob, Justin, and Chris making Rob’s hot pepper relish. I hate hot peppers, so this was not about me but I did have Justin take a few pics.  This was the day before Rob fell totally ill and ended up in the hospital for a week, which will be a blog later.  If you want to know how to make hot pepper relish ask Rob because I could care less.
Then it was off to lunch at the Thirsty Bear. I had chicken strips and cheese sticks, Chris and Justin had the special meatball hoagie.  Cassie got a sandwich and her and Justin shared deep fried pickles and cheese sticks. I made Chris get a pic with Brandy.


A must stop in Rowlesburg is Barretts’s Antiques and Primitives. Chris and Justin think they are pioneer folks with their hunting, fishing and canning so I knew that Chris would like Barrett’s Shoppe. I go there for decorating ideas and items to help decorate the house in Rowlesburg.  Rob tries to keep me from going there but as everyone knows I don’t listen to Rob or anyone else. 
Target practice was next on the agenda for the day. Chris and Justin made me stay home and dog sit Buster and Maya because they say that me and guns together are scary, even for them. So off Chris, Cassie and Justin went to Bell Hill with an arsenal of weapons to target practice. I think I am perfectly capable of safely shooting guns.  Justin just has some kind of hang up because I like to act out scenes from movies like Dirty Harry and Terminator. So I am not in any of the target pics either. I was really looking forward to shooting Chris’s automatic assault weapon.
 

Chris and Co. returned to the house and we decided to hit the meadow so the dogs could play in the river and meadow. Justin built a fire. I have no idea why but he did. I sat by the fire and watched the dogs in the river and gave everyone advice on life, which I know a lot about.

  Chris and I had our best friends on face book formal photo taken, possibly for a Christmas card together. I think we look happy, maybe a little fake but good enough for a Christmas card together. 

 A day in Rowlesburg is not a day in Rowlesburg without a trip to Cool Springs for peanut butter milkshakes.  I’ve tried to tell Chris that you can get anything you want at Cool Springs, kind of like “Alice’s Restaurant”.
 Chris never listens to me so of course he was surprised that not only could you get a peanut butter milk shake, but everything from a foot long hot dog with the works to chicken poop by the ton.
 

3 comments:

  1. You are quite the hostess, Mrs. Morell! I might want to come for the full treatment now that I am retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Morell family are quite the hostesses! Chris had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a party without chicken poop!

    ReplyDelete