Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My New Job

Started my new job yesterday taking care of Mom and Dad, so far so good. Yesterday was laundry, lunch, dinner and grocery shopping.  Today pretty much the same but also prescriptions.  So, I've decided to use a few of Mom and Dad's lines that they used on us, on them today.  So I told Dad that he was watching too much TV and that I was going to turn it off and he needed to go outside and play. Mom and Dad and I basically hung out on the porch together. Then it was their lunch time. I cleaned up after them, did a few dishes.  Then it was off to Kingwood for drugs and grocery shopping.  It is kind of strange going to Kingwood to get drugs for Mom and Dad.  I really couldn't have imagined that 30 some years ago. Back home to do Dad's laundry and to deliver their groceries.  I got Dad a candy bar and told him he didn't have to eat it all at one time.  Mom and Dad like to nap and I do too so this may actually be fun during nap time. I've decided to pick out Dad's clothes because I informed him if he is going to hang with me, he has to look cool. We are going up to Cool Springs at 8:30 Friday morning if anyone wants to hang out with us. I'm going to start including photos of our  our adventures.  I introduced Mom and Dad to my blog today. They don't hear or see well but I think they were impressed.  David and I could have really used that not hearing and seeing thing when we were teenagers. I'm thinking of trying to convince Mom and Dad that I was an only child.  Dad and I are watching TV right now. Well I'm watching TV and Dad is falling asleep. More tomorrow.

3 comments: