Friday, June 17, 2011

A Day in the Life of Debra

Very surprising to myself and Rob, I got up at 7:30 AM. Breakfast consisted of toast and milk. Not too exciting or fattening. I decided I should probably clean so I swept and damp mopped  the tile floors, did a little laundry and had Rob hung some pictures. Julie came over at around 10:00 or so to borrow the car.  She needed to take Karma shopping for Father's Day.  She asked me to go with them but I needed to stay focused.  I called and checked in on Mom and Dad, and them finished some more chores around the house. Julie came back from shopping.  Karma and Julie bought me a starfish ornament which is hanging in my living room.  Rob got the beach cart ready.  I chose snacks for the afternoon and off we all went to the beach.  There are new sunscreen recommendations so I'm just sticking with 50 SPF and 70 SPF on my face.  I also wear a cap and sun glasses to protect my face, which is showing signs of aging and sun damage. My beach chair always has a drink in the cup holder and sunscreen in the bag compartment. We stayed at the beach for about 4 hours and then had to come back to take Julie and Karma to the airport. Things were going pretty good loading Julie  until Karma wasn't allowed to go to the dumpster with Julie and then she had a meltdown.  Julie is not having good luck today because there is a storm in Atlanta and their flight is delayed.  I think she is probably in the air to Atlanta right now, maybe not. She has a lay over in Atlanta until around 11 tonight and then hopefully on to Pittsburgh. I'm glad I'm here and she is there on the plane. We did a Checkers stop for a quick sandwich before heading to Walmart for groceries. I don't like to shop hungry because then everything looks good.  We picked up enough for dinners for a couple of weeks. When we came out of Walmart it was raining, which is good because I don't have to water plants tonight. I called Mom and Dad on the way home to check on them, then I called Justin.  I like checking up on people. I really like checking up on people from a distance. We put all the groceries away and I had a snack of Ritz crackers, low fat cream cheese and pickles.  I'm going back on my low fat, low cholesterol eating regimen Monday. I thought I'd better write a blog before Chris complained but nothing really happened today so I thought I would bore him with this and maybe he would get off my case for a couple of days. Rob is now watching the Dark Knight for 100th time but that reminded me that Cassie mentioned on Face book about a Batman movie being filmed in Pittsburgh today.  I think that is something I kind of want to do when I retire is be an extra in films.  Rob just informed me that I'm having yogurt for breakfast in the morning.  He had to get up off the couch because Midnight is chasing the second hand on the wall clock and then jumped up on the kitchen counter. He finally came out from underneath our bed.  Midnight that is not Rob.  I allow Rob to sleep on top of the bed with me but he has to stay on his side. I still have to wash my bathing suits tonight. I just finished the menu for the next two weeks and we are having a thunder and lightening storm here now so I'm not going to start laundry until it is over. I think I'll have some more crackers, cream cheese and pickles.  I got the pickles at the flea market, which will be a blog someday, but not today because I didn't go there.

1 comment:

  1. Hope Julie and Karma got back. United had computer problems and lots of flights were stranded.
    Post a picture of the starfish ornament and your backyard.

    ReplyDelete