Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Julie and Karma and the Lost Bags

"Pick Karma and I up at the airport at 11:15. "  Sounds easy.  I thought I saw Julie standing in the airport and wondered what she was doing, so I walked in and asked.  Bad idea. "Well everything was fine until we almost missed our flight in Atlanta.  I had to run through the airport pushing Karma in the stroller to catch our next flight but the language didn't make it." "Where is it?"  I asked.  "In Atlanta but I think headed this way."  The baggage attendant said it could be delivered at 6 to the house or Julie could pick it up in two hours. Seems simple. No, because Julie put her keys and meds in her check in bag not her carry on bag, like normal people. Julie with out meds is not pretty, plus she doesn't realize the reason that you buy a house is so you can leave all kinds of things there, like say a hair brush.  Now we have to call Deb and Allen to try to get a spare key for Julie's house. She also doesn't keep Deb and Allen's phone numbers in her phone.  They are the life line in Ormond but Julie doesn't have their numbers.  Rob does. Brandy at this point realizes that I am not the only needy person in this group. We get a hold of Allen, get Julie's key and get her in her house. Karma had to go to the beach in her pajamas. I try to explain to Julie about having stuff at both houses. She obviously doesn't get it. The only thing I carry back and forth is my jewelry, and of course Midnight. When we come back to the house from the beach still no luggage. Off to the airport to find the bags. Now the bags are there but Julie can't get them until the next flight comes in and baggage claims opens up.  By now, Karma is running around the airport informing Julie (Nana) that Debra said we will probably be camping here. Julie is not an easy friend to have but someone has to do it.  Karma is also still hung up on Christmas songs so we are now into about 7 hours of her different versions of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Finally, Julie gets her bags. Now on to Walmart. We always have to go to Walmart.  I don't know why but we drive for hours to Florida to go to Walmart. We are a strange group of people but we always find people, like Brandy, who are willing to come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment