Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Double Date Night

I thought if Rob and I went on a double date with Kathy and Barney, Rob may be just a little more classy with ideas.  I have no idea why I would think having two men together would make it better. The evening started out OK with shopping, but rapidly digressed when ROB said he was hungry. Wouldn't you know, right at the same moment, a bill board appeared for wings at HOOTERS, yes I said HOOTERS. Now, I am not stupid.  I know you can get wings a million other places, but Barney insisted that you could get fat free, low cholesterol wings at HOOTERS. Kathy had never been to a HOOTERS so she had no idea about the decor. Not to seem slutty but I had been to a few so I knew what was coming, but I will do anything to stick to my diet. We walked into HOOTERS and quickly found a table. Rob and Barney seemed happy with our choice immediately. Kathy not so. Quickly our waitress appeared and Kathy asked her if she was old enough to be serving beer. She said yes, she had just turned 18 fifteen minutes earlier. OK, good to go.  I preceded to ask about the fat free, low cholesterol wings. She looked at me with that stupid "I just turned 18 look" and laughed. I knew I had been had, AGAIN. Rob insisted the wings were really good and it was all you could eat. So we ordered. Rob and Barney seemed preoccupied the entire evening choosing to spend their evening looking around, paying very little attention to me and Kathy. Our wings were finally served with were OK, but the fries arrived late. The boys didn't seemed upset at all over the service but continue to call Samantha's name over and over, while Barney did Rob kept calling her Amanda and wondered why she didn't come to wait on him. I found this rather annoying.  There was at least 15 minutes during my 17th summer that I probably could have fit into the HOOTERS uniform, but Rob didn't know me then, and I have no desire to starve myself to death for him now. Actually, I have very little desire to do anything for him. So on with the story, Samantha informed us it was her first night on the job.  Barney and Rob took it upon themselves to explain to Samantha how to get bigger tips, at this point I was just so ready to leave. Rob preceded to leave a big tip and I preceded to plot my revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment