Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Couch Ate My Cell Phone Again !!!!!

I thought I'd better blog on this topic while it is still fresh in my mind. I've always had cell phone issues. Actually, I have many issues but therapy was invented for people like me but I'm not sure if therapy can help me with my cell phone. First, I'm not a big fan of cell phones.  Sometimes I really just don't want to be a phone call away. Second, I'm not good with them. Last year Brandy and my fourth graders kept track of my phone for me and did all my texting and all the other functions I still haven't mastered and really don't plan to. I don't have them this year to keep track of my phone and it is showing. I constantly loose my phone. My parents quickly figured out I had phone issues and tried to help me. When I left their house everyday they would say "Debra, Do you have your phone, keys and drink?' Usually, I had two out of the three.  Back to last night.  NCIS was over and I talked to Rob. That was upstairs on the bed. Maybe my phone is on the bed. I tore the bed apart. No phone. I looked under the bed. No phone. Wait, no, I talked to Rob later downstairs. It has to be downstairs. I looked everywhere downstairs even in the refrigerator. No phone. I knew Rob would be calling after Dancing With the Stars and he would be frantic if I didn't answer. Well, probably not but I like to feel needed. I checked the couch again, every nook and cranny. I mean digging down in and everything. In fact, I had recently showered and I was quickly becoming a sweaty mess. OK, so I'm not in great shape but I was honestly working my ass off (I could only wish) looking for my phone. The dreaded happened. It rang. It was in the couch somewhere. The couch was ringing. I started digging again with no success. I flipped up the recliners on each end got on the floor and looked underneath. No phone. I pulled it out from the wall. Still no phone. It had to be there somewhere. By now, I was profusely sweating, breathing hard, and laying on the floor behind the couch in my Tinker Bell PJ's.  At this point, I thought can I turn this couch upside down without Rob???  I also hoped no one showed up at the door. I hadn't felt this helpless since the tree frog incident. Wait, is that something red. Yes, there tucked up against the back metal bracket of the couch was my phone. I knew it was there. Well, actually I didn't but I found it. I quickly called Rob. My breathing was labored. He asked me what was wrong. I told him that I lost my cell phone in the couch again. All he could say was, "Did you find my knife?"

1 comment:

  1. LOL.
    FYI.....I have seen cell phone holders that resemble eyeglass holders which hang around your neck. Maybe a Christmas gift?

    ReplyDelete