Thursday, November 17, 2011

Following My Heart

It was a nice idea, my schedule that is.  I really thought I should have a schedule or maybe I thought other people thought I should have a schedule.  Maybe, I thought I would just waste the days away or in some crazy way I needed to justify my retirement. Well, that all lasted about one week or less.  Justin predicted this. I'm not sure why or how.  I had my best intentions.  I just woke up this morning at nine and realized I was two hours behind on my schedule, and then suddenly it just didn't matter.  I openly admitted it on face book and then did what I wanted for the day.  I think I actually accomplished more. I read, wrote, did my devotions, visited the girls at the Sun Dollar Boutique. walked on the beach, made a few purchases, made banana nut bread, washed clothes and a few other things. I decided I want to live following my heart not a schedule. As I stated before, I've followed a schedule for years. August through early November, I was on a tight schedule with Mom and Dad's meds and care.  I told my self I wasn't going to do anything for a month. I guess for me, that was rather unrealistic but not having a schedule really feels like the right thing to do.  Other retired teachers suggested to me on face book that I throw away the schedule and my watch. I think that is pretty good advice. Following your heart is freeing.  It allows for stopping to pick up shells on a beach walk, it allows for afternoon naps, it allows for hanging out with Nicole and Nesha at the Sun Dollar Boutique, sending cards to friends, watching TV, dancing to music, matching up jewelry to my outfits, wondering through thrift stores, watching the squirrels play outside my french doors, playing with Midnight, writing a book, talking on the phone and of course face book.

No comments:

Post a Comment