Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day Five ..... Christmas Cards and Victoria's Secret

I still like sending Christmas cards.  I know with Facebook and the Internet some may consider it old fashion, but I don't care.  The past couple of days I have been addressing, sealing and mailing our cards. I think Christmas cards are pretty. I like reading the verses. I like receiving Christmas cards, also.  I always enjoyed picking up the mail, after a long day at work, going home and opening the cards that came that day in the mail. Well, last night I didn't get any Christmas cards done because of many things but this is pretty much how my life goes. Rob and I had dinner. Turkey wraps and sweet potato fries, in case any one was wondering.  I thought I would start doing cards after dinner but Rob starting obsessing about  whether NCIS was on so we start looking at the guide on TV to see what was going on.  There it was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  On of my favorite Christmas shows and it is always a tradition of mine to watch.  So, we, rather I,  penciled that in for 8"o'clock.  Rob was told he had to watch or go upstairs.  He decided to watch because NCIS was following Rudolph..  It was a rerun but it took Rob half the show to figure that out. Well, surprise, surprise guess what followed NCIS, Vitoria's Secret Fashion Show?  All this show does is make me feel guilty about my underwear.  OK, well maybe my body, too, but the underwear is probably something I could do something about.  I don't think my body will be looking like those bodies anytime soon.  Well, probably not in this life time or the next. I mean they didn't just have nice underwear.  They had flowing trains, wings, accessories, spike heels and everything matched.  So this morning I have one more thing to feel inadequate about while addressing more Christmas cards. While watching the fashion show I actually toyed with the idea of going to Victoria's Secret and maybe picking up a number or two but this morning that seems kind of stupid.  Funny how you can get caught up in the moment.  I knew everything would be OK today with the closing act of the fashion show last night when all the models strutted out and Lady GaGa's song played "Born This Way", because baby I was born this way and Lady Deb Deb's butt does not fit in Victoria's Secret.  The wings, now that is a maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment