Monday, November 7, 2011

Flight to Florida

I have no idea sometimes why anyone reads anything that I have to say but I just keep talking and  writing. It has been a while but here goes. Yesterday, Justin and Cassie picked me up at the house at 8:30 AM or so.  They decided we needed to take advantage of the drive to Pittsburgh and since I was footing the bill, why not make it a full day. First stop was McDonald's Drive-Up window. I had a bacon/egg/ and cheese biscuit. Justin decided he should have another breakfast since I was paying. We stopped at Mom and Dad's in Morgantown so I could say good-bye. Of course David and his stupid dog, Owen had to stop by and interrupt my visit. I took Mom  a winter top and Dad some candy. Mom had already yelled at Dad for the day for eating breakfast twice. Genes are a powerful thing in our family. Good byes said we were on to our next stop, the outlet stores. I really did not intend to buy anything but I did. All the summer things are drastically reduced because well it is winter up there (meaning WV and PA) but not here, so I got some Capri's, shorts, tops and a cute tennis top that was $60.00 for $6.00.  I like to look the part of whatever it is I'm doing whether I actually know what I'm doing. If you get the drift? We also tried all the sample foods in Harry and David's and the kitchen stores. Next stop was Harbor Freight. I refused to go into the store. Justin is the perfect business man. He, in one phone conversation, convinced Rob that we needed a smaller generator for just the sump pump and we stopped to get it. Once again, I paid. He has volunteered to take our almost new, large, powerful generator off our hands for his house. I think this has a lot to do with keeping Cassie in Rowlesburg for the winter. By now it was close three o'clock and I needed food. We ate at Max and Erma's. I had French Onion Soup and a small club sandwich. Justin reminded me that I was eating French Onion soup when I went into labor for him. Not that I ever plan on going into labor again but just one more useless piece of information everyone can know about me. I mean who cares what I ate but I will add that I paid again. Rob and I could only afford one Justin, and I will admit that many times I just give him the money so he will shut up because he is a lot like me and it is just easier to turn over the generator, money or whatever to maintain any degree of sanity. On to the airport. I had my boarding pass, ID and only my purse and a small carry on bag. Sounds simple. Nothing is simple at the airport. I showed my boarding pass and ID. Fine. Took off my Berks, dumped everything into a bin and put my purse and bag up on the conveyor belt.  No knives, guns, sharp objects or explosives. This should be quick.  Not for me. An attendant stopped, looked at about five of us and said, "Who's blue and white Martha Stewart bag?" I confessed. They stopped me and said that there was an unidentifiable black space in my Martha Stewart tote. What? I packed this bag carefully and tightly to fit my jewelry, note pads, books, paperwork, meditation books, beach Christmas attire, etc. perfectly. Everyone looked at me like I had the perfect disguise, a terrorist is dressed like a chubby, blonde, blued eyed, American middle age lady in jeans with a lime green Daytona Beach sweatshirt  "Sorry, we are going to have to unpack this bag. The x-ray machine can't seem to penetrate something in your bag." 10 minutes later it turns out that my bag was so precisely packed that it was too dense for the machine. Guess who had to repack it? The attendant volunteered but looked more than relieved when I said that I would do it. Finally through security, it was on to my gate. No sweat. I found a seat and chilled out. The flight was on time and I sat with two ladies from Pittsburgh who were on there way to Disney for a week. One worked for Verizon and shared Verizon's version of an I Pad with me. The flight was fine, arrived in Orlando a  little early, Rob picked me up and we drove home. Well, he missed a few turns and exits and then we got home. I ate some of my Hawaiian Pizza and had a diet Cherry Pepsi and went to bed. Rob was tired and had to get up at 5 AM so nothing else exciting happened. We don't need another Justin anyway.

1 comment: