Friday, November 11, 2011

Thift Store Friday

First Happy Veteran's Day and Happy 11/11/11. This was cool Rob and I talked on the phone at 11:11 on 11/11/11. I was returning Rob's phone call and reporting on my thrift store finds of the day. I decided when I was filling my pockets for my morning beach walk today to stick a $10.00 bill in my pocket for some designer shopping. My first stop was the little thrift store across from the beach beside TGIF. The first thing I did was put my bid in for a piece of furniture I kind of want. This thrift store takes their best donations (designer things) and they go up for silent auction. This store also runs specials.  Today was 1/2 off women's clothing and accessories and books. My first bargain was a very nice striped brown and pink 3/4 sleeve top for $3.50, then I picked up a couple of books for a dollar a piece.  The have a cute little library room in this store, also. I bought the book The Millionaire Next Door to re read because it preaches the philosophy of living beneath your means. I didn't just randomly pick up the top either.  It will match a pair of Capri pants that Rob picked up for me on the clearance rake at Sears before I got here. They were $5.  My next stop was the newly opened Sand Dollar Boutique. Everything in the store is a dollar except for a very small $3 dollar section. I love this store. It looks up scale but everything is $1. The owner taught school for three years and said she has the highest respect for teachers. Another reason to shop there. Since I had my top with me, I matched a cute little accent scarf and jewelry set to the top. I now have a complete outfit for $10.50.  Everything is new except for the top that maybe was worn one time. I think I'll take a photo and post when I do a blog about the Sand Dollar Boutique Grand Opening next week. Anyway, as most of you know I love Dollar Stores, thrift stores, bargain shopping, and clearance racks. I love swapping clothes with people. I do not believe in paying a big price for clothes and never have. I love giving my clothes away when they no longer meet my purposes. Tip of the day. Live beneath your means like the real Millionaires do --thrift shop, swap clothes, mix and match and don't be afraid of second hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment