Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Read It

Honestly, I have no idea why everyone is so surprised that I am retiring.  I have important things to do. The most important is to take care of my parents. That is going to keep me busy most of the time, but I do have some other things planned as well. Cassie and I are going to take Spanish lessons. I have always wanted to set at the counter at Cool Springs and speak in a different language. When I was a kid, workers use to come into the Comsat Station in Etam to work, have lunch at Cool Springs  and speak to each other in their native languages. I thought it was neat  and I knew right then and there that I some day would order a foot long hot dog in Spanish. I want to do some scrap booking. I have no idea why, but that is one thing you are suppose to say when you retire. I'm going to read magazines and books. I'm going to bake and cook things I see on face book, and that come to my e-mail. I might hang out at the post office in Rowlesburg and wait for the mail to be put up for the day. I'll probably take my Mom and Dad to Cool Springs and share my wisdom with anyone who will listen. Then there is the writing each day. The face book comments, my blog and a book or two. You think I would run out of things to say but so far so good, or maybe bad depending on who you are.  Clean out the attic, maybe. I actually forget what all is up there but there is a box or two of dishes from the RVFD dime pitch that Justin just had to have. Drop a few pounds. Walk every day. Make dinner for everyone in the family. Cassie works late. Justin's back in school so I guess I have no excuse. Do my own nails. Decorate for holidays. Make Christmas cookies. Write letters to people. Send cards. Finish Rob's afghan from 1977. Make Margaret do things with me. Do lunch. I could never "do lunch" teaching. Take up painting. Volunteer. Start an advice column. Cassie and I are planning on redecorating Mom and Dad's house.  I know Dad can't wait. I'll probably design a new line of clothing and start a line of merchandise.  I want to brand my name, being that I am so famous.  I want to get one of those bronze historic plaques for our house that says "Debra slept here". "a lot". I might hang out with Julie some at Big Bear. I could possibly have a political career or modeling. Really the possibilities are endless for me.

1 comment: