Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trivial Tuesday

I really wish I had something intellectual or insightful to share today. I just don't. Kind of a lazy day today and a day of waiting.  Waiting for Tara to have her baby and Justin to arrive this week. So I am sitting here watching Jeopardy with Rob like my grandparents use to do and waiting for the dryer to stop. The title of today's blog comes from things like Jeopardy, Trivial Pursuits and the trivial little things we let bother us and sometimes control our lives. You can actually survive without knowing trivia and certainly doesn't help with child birth. Rob is good with history and sports trivia.  I'm better with science and literature. I use to be the Queen of trivial little things bothering me but not so much any more. So now that everyone is thinking what little things  bother us, I'll force myself to share.  These are the little trivial things that bothered me today. The girl at Walgreen's that messed up all my coupons, the rain shower at the beach, Rob waking me up from my nap opening a can of pop, and dirty laundry. Trivial things become even more trivial when really important things happen like waiting for the birth of your first grandson, waiting for the result of your child's MRI, waiting to hear about the results of your child's job interview, or hearing the news of the death of a loved one. I try and stop myself on Trivial Tuesdays and every other day to let trivial things ruin my day. Life is short, too short to waste on trivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment