Monday, July 4, 2011

Justice for Caylee??????

SATURDAY MORNING:  Rob is happy today that the trial isn't on TV.  I guess he needed a break from my constant commentary on the trial, but I can't help myself.  I have to analyze everything and then give my opinion. Rob refuses to watch it so he can say "Debra, I don't know the facts so I can't discuss it with you."  That really doesn't deter me from continuing my commentary and opinions. Since Rob is out walking, I will share a few with all of you. One, I've decided we are never going to understand what Casey was thinking.  Two, we all seemed surprised about the lies but any fourth grader can tell you people lie.  It happens everyday. Kids lie, adults lie.  I think it is the degree that Casey lies and obviously lies about everything and that she seems to have no remorse. Three, her mother, Cindy, lied to try and save her daughter's life.  That, as a mother, I can understand.  What I can't understand is why Casey just didn't give her daughter to her parents.  They obviously had much of her care anyway. Four, It amazes me how one person can destroy an entire family and hurt so many other people, too. What was she thinking? She threw her entire family under the bus with her. SUNDAY MORNING:  Back to the trial. I watched the prosecution give their first closing remarks and Rob said enough was enough and we headed to the beach so what did I do next.  I sat at the beach for hours watching the waves crash one after another and thought about the trial. I think what none of us can fathom is when our mothers and now us would give our very lives for our children, how could Casey take Caylee's life. I think has our society glamorized women like Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan to the point that young women think drinking and partying all night is real life? Did Casey really think that she could get by with it? I know innocent to proven guilty but I just can't buy the accident in the pool. Why wouldn't she just have told the truth if Caylee had drowned?  Plus why would her father help cover it up? The defense case just has never made any sense to me. I have at times wanted to believe it was an accident because trying to wrap my brain around Casey killing her little girl is just so completely foreign to me. I loved my son before he was born and Rob and I have always enjoyed every minute we can spend with him. I know we weren't teenage parents but Casey did have the support of her parents. I can't believe that  she wouldn't know they would have raised Caylee given the chance. There are times I watch this trial and just want to turn back time for Caylee's sake.  Caylee who will never go to preschool, the prom, walk down the aisel, or have her own children.  George and Cindy have been denied watching their grand daughter grow into a young women and for that matter have been denied any resemblance to a real life at all. Is Casey mentally ill? Is she evil? MONDAY MORNING: Will there ever be justice for Caylee?

No comments:

Post a Comment