Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sometimes I think

Sometimes I think my blog should be flashier.  Justin is coming down and I will get him to show me some things I have forgotten about making it better or just never paid attention to him the first time around. I've been checking out other peoples blogs and many seem to be craft, food, and family oriented. Justin keeps telling me I need photos and recipes but I really just like writing. Maybe it is my generation, which is quickly becoming the largest population group in the United States.  I know we are middle age and don't look that great on the beach but we were interesting and fun long before facebook and blogging.  Something happened to my son on the way to adulthood, he became the person my parents tried to raise me to be. He likes canning, saving money, hates hippies, majored in business, raises a garden, likes country music, wears boots instead of flip flops, wears camouflage and hunts. I have no idea what happened. Maybe I shouldn't have let my parents babysit those first few formative years. Who knows what they told him. So here I am listening to Lady Gaga, wearing my tie-dye  flip flops, writing my blog that has no high tech add-ons, just words, waiting on  Justin to arrive. He will change my music, make me listen to songs I don't want to. He will talk to me about organic food while I drink my Diet Pepsi and eat candy. He will take over my kitchen. He will make fun of Midnight, tell me to get up, go to bed, move, sit down and get him a drink. He will make fun of my clothes and flip flops. Roll his eyes, sigh and give that "look" to his Dad like "can't you control her".  The truth of the matter is I can't wait for him to get here and he can't wait to get here and my parents can't wait until we both get home.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww that is an awesome post my friend!!!! Sweetness! Like the candy we love! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all should have your own TV show!

    ReplyDelete