Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Idiots

I had a discussion at school today with someone who had a disagreement with their husband over an issue. First, imagine that, disagreeing with your husband. Second, I agreed with the wife so time for another blog, imagine that. The big disagreement was whether a person should intervene or interject their opinion if they think a parent is putting their child in  harms way. We were for interjecting. Her husband was for minding your own business. So here goes. The husband felt, that say for example, an intoxicated father puts his young son on his motorcycle with him, that it is his business and others should stay out of it. I equated that scenario with, if you saw a drowning child in the river should you turn your head because the parents must want them there. I don't know a nice way to say this and as I have said before some people need to be insulted and what a better person than myself to do it or some of my friends, who will remain nameless. There are people who should never have been parents. There are parents who are idiots. My shrink tells me not to use the word idiot.  I think that was after I called him an idiot. OK, back to parents who are idiots, putting a child on a motorcycle with you when you are drunk is stupid, illegal and wrong. Driving drunk with children is stupid, illegal and wrong. Letting kids ride without car seats or seat belts is stupid, illegal and wrong.  I make adults put their seat belts on in my car. Giving a baby or child an alcoholic beverage is illegal and wrong, as well as cigarettes or any tobacco product.  Everyday, I see people doing dangerous and stupid things to and with their children. I speak up. I encourage others to speak up. I can't imagine how anyone could feel it was alright to stay out of someones business and an innocent child die. So beware stupid parents there are some of us that will speak up and we don't care if we hurt your feelings or it is any of our business. If you don't want people in your business don't do dangerous, stupid things to your children or things that may endanger their lives.  So,  1 for the wife, 0 for the husband.  By the way, I heard you slept in the garage last night.

1 comment:

  1. "husband was for minding your own business." OH HELLLL TO THE NAW!!!!!!! Apparently HE is one of the idiots!! (And I 'might' be one of the nameless friends LOL)

    I had an encounter with a little boy @ school today who wanted to punch a girl for telling on him. I told him you do NOT hit girls for any reason. Never. Ever. Period. I asked what he would do if a girl hit him. He said "punch her in the face". I said NOOOO. He said, "well that is what my daddy tells me!" OMG I have no doubt that his daddy does tell him that - probably even demonstrates. Yet another who should NOT be a parent. :( Makes me sad and I can't get it out of my mind.

    Thank you for stepping up - again.

    ReplyDelete