Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Cleaning

OK, so maybe this isn't a really exciting topic but spring does always make me feel like cleaning, de-junking, opening up windows and getting rid of things. Today, with the help of family, was a very good start. First, we give our desk top computer, that we no longer use, away to a family that has never had a computer. Two, Rob and Justin carried the computer desk out of the upstairs room to a spot under the shed where it is ready for pick up by another family. Three, I started washing curtains and airing out the house. I have been told that getting the clutter out of your home is great for your mental and spiritual health. It feels the mind and spirit.  I really believe this. Stuff can really bog you down, especially in later years. I also continued tonight to clean some of the clothes out of my closet to give away. This weekend is clean up days in Rowlesburg so Rob and I will make a sweep through the house and garage and take things to the dumpster that aren't use able to anyone. We worked under the shed a few weekends ago and got rid of some things. I really do think it is better to give than to receive. I find great pleasure in finding new homes for things I no longer need.  I have found face book a wonderful place to find homes for things that we no longer want or need. This phase of life that we are in now has a great deal to do with simplifying our life. Less things means less things to clean, move, store and deal with. This is going to be a long process because after the house is simplified,  next will be the attic and storage building. I can't even remember everything that is in the attic but it must not be very important because I've been living without it for awhile. You will also realize during this de-junking and simplifying process that many things you thought you needed you really didn't. I've also started cleaning out my classroom cabinets and desk drawers. Teachers are some of the worst people I know to hoard junk because we are never given any money for supplies. I recommend spring cleaning, de-junking, simplifying, giving away, and hauling away junk to everyone, and what a better time to start than a beautiful spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment