Sunday, April 10, 2011

One Happy Momma Tonight

This is one of my absolutely, positively, favorite days of the year. Today was the first really warm day, that gives true hope that spring is here and summer is on her way. 80 plus degrees, sunny and a light breeze. Rob and I spent almost the entire afternoon outside in the backyard. First, Rob uncovered the patio and yard furniture, while I supervised placement.  I raked part of the yard, while Rob cut the grass for the first time. Then I cleaned flower beds and swept out under the shed porch. The smell of cut grass and folks barbequing can set my heart to soaring. Next, was a little picnic lunch outside on the table with a beautiful spring, mountain view. A girl's work is never done so on to bagging yard debris and getting out a few yard decorations and wind chimes. Rob was getting tired so we decided to take a break and see what Cassie and Justin were into at their end of the street.  Justin had taken a gun class today and Cassie was left home to clean. She will learn one of there days to plan her own activities when Justin plans his for the day.  A few minutes of chatting with them and playing with Buster and back down the street we headed for more work. I took a few items of clothing off the line that I wanted to air dry in the warm breeze and headed inside to start dinner. We are trying a new recipe tonight and having Justin and Cassie down for Sunday dinner. Dinner is now in the oven. Rob and I are chillin' on the couch. It is still light outside at 7:30, warm, and the windows are opened. I am one happy Momma tonight.

1 comment:

  1. And the world rests easier...
    Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete