Friday, April 15, 2011

Wait a minute, I'd better read this.

The oldest man just died. He was 114 years old. He had some words of wisdom. I thought I'd better read his advice.  The following are his biggies ....... #1 Embrace change !!! I am fairly good at this one. I actually like change. I change my hair color and cut often. I have moved around in teaching jobs. I move furniture around. I change my jewelry everyday. I recently changed some of my eating habits. I've learned some technology during this technology revolution. I like changing other people's minds. I change my weight frequently. I like a frequent change in administrators. Change is good.  #2 Eat  two meals a day!!  Screw that!! I really haven't mind up my mind if I want to live to 114 anyway. #3 Work as long as you can !! Does working on my blog, tanning and fb count? If not, I'm screwed again. #4 Help others !!!! I'm great at this and I give free advice too. #5 Accept death!! Honestly, this use to be something I worried about endlessly, dying. Not any more. I have no idea why, except for the fact that I just know it is coming (hopefully not soon) and I feel like I've spread enough of my opinions around that they will take hold somewhere.  I can't decide about my final arrangements. One day I think cremation and throw the ashes in Cheat River and the Atlantic Ocean.  Then I think I really want a large burial plot with a really big monument. As I advised before, don't leave your plans up to your kids.  I just don't know what I would look like at 114 and if anyone would still think I was amusing. What do you do when you are 114? The kids at school call me Grandma now.  What would they call me at 114? Will I still have teeth?  Hair? A sex life? Will M&M's still taste good? Will Rob still be able to wait on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment