Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poor little tree frog .......

I was checking my e-mail this morning when Jane announced that she had found "Tree Frog". I knew it probably wasn't good, for although Jane is very brave and has very much a pioneer spirit, she would not respond so melancholy if she had seen "Tree Frog" and he had still been alive. Poor little "Tree Frog" was under the hall table at the foot of the stairs all sprawled out and looking rather dehydrated. I keep my flip flops there so he probably became exposed when a grabbed a pair this morning. I don't know if he jumped over there because it was a cool spot or because he felt closer to me among my flip flops. Anyway, "Tree Frog" is officially dead. I had hoped he would find a way out even though Dan predicted his demise. I, always the optimist, hopes for the best. I do hope that this proves to everyone that there really was a tree frog. That "Tree Frog" was not a delusional psychotic episode in Debra's mind.  I also want everyone to know that Jane remarked how LARGE that "Tree Frog" appeared, even though he had lost most of his body weight due to starvation and dehydration. Robin could more than sympathize with me about how traumatic this entire episode has been for me and how much anxiety it has created in my life the past month. We are planning a memorial service tomorrow morning and "Tree Frog" will be buried in the corner of the yard where Flip and Flop reside. Robin, the most religious one of us here, will conduct the service. Rob will dig and prepare the grave. Jane will provide counseling to me during and after the service. Once again, as Rob would say, even though "Tree Frog" is dead this has somehow become all about me.  "Tree Frog" would want it that way.

1 comment:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Tree Frog!!! I THOUGHT Dan was going to go let him out!!!! :( I 'guess' I do believe you now, so please don't post any pix of the poor poor guy!!! He probably went to your flip flops to get a tiny droplet of water that was left on them... awwwwwwwwwww!!! For shame...

    And tell Roberta to shut it! ;)

    ReplyDelete