Thursday, April 28, 2011

Plain Pasta and Artichoke Hearts

I can't remember how many weeks I've been eating my low fat, low cholesterol diet but I'm sick of it. I'm doing it, but  I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!  Breakfast is cereal, egg beaters, turkey bacon, whole wheat bagels, low fat cream cheese or something else that slightly resembles food.  Lunch is a tuna sandwich, Greek Yogurt, a fruit, and a diet drink. Dinner is just plain ridiculous. Last night Rob made this pasta dish that had vegetables in it.  That was it, pasta and vegetables. Rob informed me today that it had lots of garlic and artichoke hearts. No meat, no sauce, nothing resembling food, again. You think I would be losing weight but I don't think I am and I don't know if this diet is even helping anything.  I knew I was over the deep end today when a student  ask me if I was eating pudding and I informed him it was yogurt and made him look at the nutritional information on the side of the container.  I think the kids liked me better when I ate pizza and M&M's for lunch. I started thinking what if this diet does make me live a lot longer and this is my life, plain pasta and artichoke hearts. What if there is a conspiracy between Rob and my doctors to drive me crazy, well maybe crazier. First, I had to limit my diet pop, next it was M&M's, remember one doctor told me to only eat 25 M&M's. Then, it was this diet thing. I think somewhere in there Rob made me quit smoking and drinking. OK, so the smoking ended abruptly in college when Rob made me quit, but I still have withdrawal symptoms. I haven't totally quit drinking because I heard it would help with cholesterol.  The two doctors and husband also thought I needed anger management and learn to bitch less. Now really, who was that for, certainly not me. So, here I am craving brownies, pizza, macaroni and cheese, ice cream, and bacon. I mean lots of bacon. I did the anger management thing and that only gave me one more thing to be angry about. I have quit bitching since I've been on this diet, because I'm too weak. Oh, I forgot about the fat free potato chips Rob bought me.  Now those are really tasty morsels. I haven't had french fries in weeks, either. So I guess at some point I have to decide how healthy I want to be and how long I want to live. I think I'm going to cheat a little bit tonight but don't tell anyone.  I really try to keep my life very private.

No comments:

Post a Comment