Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm glad I'm not famous

I'm glad I'm not famous for many reasons. One, I don't photograph well. Two, I do hair and make up less and less and I probably need it more and more. I hate those shots photographers get of celebrities when they are headed to the 7-Eleven late at night for Ben&Jerry's. I can just imagine me in my fuzzy WVU flip flop slippers, purple snow flake PJ's, my "wonder coat" (as Rob and Justin call it), and no makeup being caught by the paparazzi at Charlie's Market in Rowlesburg. The next day I would be splashed across the Yahoo news banner. Three, on our travel days I tend to dress way down, as in no one knows me here, so who cares. I don't have to worry if I'll be spotted by a local newspaper photographer when I slip into a Travel Plaza bathroom and then see my photo on the front of the  National Enquire the next day with the title, "What is Debra running from?" Four, The notorious restaurant photo that celebrities have to worry about, which is why you always see them eating a small piece of watercress, I do not have to worry about at all. I can blog about dieting, high cholesterol,etc. and not worry that a photographer is going to snap a photo of me as I shove that piece of fried chicken into my mouth at The Old House Restaurant in  Walterboro, SC. No one knows me and they really don't care if it looks like I may be in the process of packing on a few more for the Gipper. Five, photographers love to photograph celebrities in high fashion. My clothes shout me, right from the clearance rack of Walmart. I do try to match colors and even throw on a beaded necklace that matches from the 50 cent beads I buy from Stacy. Six, I refuse to wear high heels that photograph so well, but I always put on my shoes before leaving the car. I would love to seriously write someday but I fear becoming a celebrity and all the paparazzi that hangs around Rowlesburg.

2 comments:

  1. Connie and I could just start snapping pictures at school to get you ready for future fame. If it would help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha Love it!! Yes, that's probably a good idea that Donna has. Just to prepare you, you know.

    Why do they call it a "wonder coat" - they wonder why you still have it??

    ReplyDelete