Friday, April 1, 2011

Why Do I Blog

Justin suggested that I use this as my blog topic tonight.  Why Do I Blog? I started blogging because Justin who said I was too old, boring, and technology challenged to have a Facebook page was writing way too much on Facebook. He suggested I start a blog about three months ago but also commented to Cassie that it wouldn't last. He made the same comment tonight about my new low fat, low cholesterol diet that I started today. I admit that I was eating M&M's when he came in but I don't think they have cholesterol in them. So I started blogging so I could elaborate on my opinions.  I just didn't think people were getting a complete and through understanding of my opinions on Facebook.  Blogging and journaling which I both do are good forms of therapy for me. I'm not sure why writing is good therapy but it is about having a forum for your thoughts and feelings and since I'm the quiet type verbally, journaling and blogging work well for me.  It also gives others a chance to comment on my words of wisdom. I think some days there will be nothing I have to say but usually I find someone or something annoying enough to write about. Blogging is also a great way to keep my friends and probably more than a few enemies updated on my life. I like to be able to promote or keep others on the same page to eliminate any form of misinformation or gossip that is not accurate. I like people talking about me, I just want them talking about what I want them talking about me.  I know that sounds controlling and it probably is but then again I am a teacher. I also blog for writing practice. My plans are to move to Florida and become a writer like Hemingway, but without the suicide or alcoholism.  Plus some things like the tree frog just have to be shared. My twin brother, David thinks my blog borders on some type of cult activity but what people don't know is that he calls me nightly and begs me to put him in my blog. Now, where was I, my blog is about real life ---- life, death, happiness, sadness, frustration, joy, family, kids, circle of life. I think we need to read more about real, every day, ordinary people's lives. Some days I hope to inspire, others entertain, and some to just share. So three months later, thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, and thanks for following the journey of my life and thoughts. Now sit down, shut up and do something useful.

1 comment: