Thursday, March 31, 2011

This is just great !!!!!!!!!!

When your doctor wants blood work, it generally isn't a good thing. So when my doctor told me to get blood work done.  I put it off a few days, OK a few weeks, but one of those weeks I was at the beach.  My plan (I always have a plan) was to walk, eat right, and come back and get my blood work done. I did walk and I did, kind of, eat right. I just forgot about a few foods that are high in cholesterol like say ice cream, milk, cheese, shrimp and cheese pizza. Then there was the cheese burger at Max and Erma's. Remember that was Justin's idea. Anyway, I finally got around to going to the hospital for my blood test on Tuesday. I have to add here that it is very difficult to draw blood from me and I also bruise afterwards.  Anyway, I went for my blood test and thought this will probably take a week or so for the results and maybe they will get misplaced for a few days in my doctor's office or maybe he will not have time to look at them right away. Well so much for that. When your doctor calls your house in the evening it usually isn't to catch up for the day. So as I was munching on some M&M's last night and face booking, the phone rang, guess who? Rob should of just told him I was out jogging but instead handed me the phone. "I guess you've been expecting my call?"  Why would I expect his call? It isn't like he is a face book friend. "Not really" I said.  "Well your cholesterol is over 300 and you need to pick up a prescription at your drugstore tomorrow night." he said.  This cholesterol thing has always been a source of irritation for me. In our 20's Rob ate everything wrong like foot long Italian hoagies, steak, meat with a side of meat, 4 egg omelets with cheese and bacon and had low cholesterol. I on the other hand ate cereal, oatmeal, fish, chicken, salad and had high cholesterol. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but give me a break. So today while I had chicken and low fat yogurt for lunch I watched Brandy eat a huge hamburger with extra cheese and bacon. I spent sometime today looking up low cholesterol desserts. Number 1 on the list was rice cakes. I really don't think a rice cake should be considered a dessert.  Brandy didn't appear to be too sympathetic when she continued to talk about getting a cookie dough blizzard tonight after her class. I think Brandy forgot that she wants me to help her on a paper for one of her night classes, and no I was not bitter when she told me her blood work is perfect. I actually hate people like Brandy but that is another blog. So tonight I'm working on my shopping list for low fat, low cholesterol foods and wondering what Ben and Jerry's has in the way of cholesterol free ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Take care of yourself! The world needs your wit and wisdom for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete