Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why Don't Our Families Recognize Our Talents?

After a fun filled day, Rob and I retreated to the couch. I turned toward him and mentioned that I needed to write my blog post but wasn't sure I knew what I was going to write about. He informed me that he really didn't spend much time worrying about that. I just assumed he didn't care but I just had to ask why? He rather blatantly suggested that I was so full of BS that I always come up with something. When I looked at him like what did you say? He clarified his statement with "I mean you are always so creative."  We all know what the real truth is here, don't we? I along with other people (David refers to these people as my cult following) think I'm very creative. David and Rob find my writings annoying not creative. Rob views my home decorating ventures as "just more work for me" not as an artistic expression in our home.  My flower beds that I see as creating a beautiful, display of color on the landscape of our home, he sees as something to mow around. The art work I acquire for our homes he complains is just something else to hang up. Rob obviously doesn't see or appreciate my creative talents for writing, home decorating, landscaping, and just generally being wonderfully creative. I could be hurt or bitter but I'm not, I just consider the sources.  David use to think red and burgundy looked good together, which also makes me question our high school class that voted him best dressed. Rob will never admit this, but I don't mind sharing that he asks me every morning if what he has on matches.  I find myself quite amusing, talented, creative, and modest.  Just saying Rob and David.

No comments:

Post a Comment