Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just Do It

I'm one of those people that just tend to do things. I start out with good intentions of making a list of pros and cons but I just never get to the pros or cons. I just make a decision and do something. Funny thing but my quick decisions have all turned out pretty good. Although, I wouldn't recommend this decision making style to others. Rob and I moved in together after only knowing each other two weeks. That will be 34 years ago in November. That didn't work out too bad. I'm not sure Rob would agree, but then again this is my blog. We bought our home on Oak Street on a whim and with no money per say, but 29 years later we still like our old house and enjoy hanging out there together. It is filled with memories and heirlooms from both sides of our families. Then there was Justin.  I don't remember making a pro or con list that morning. Cutting my hair or changing hair colors generally is a split second decision. I tend to just wake up on mornings proclaiming some change that is going to happen that day. Rob has become very accepting of my decision making process or lack of. The beach house purchase took us about 15 seconds because I couldn't even think of one con. When I decide to switch positions or schools, it usually just hits me like a bolt of lightning. I just tend to do things with out thinking much about it. I don't have a much patience's for decision making so maybe that is part of it. I don't like when there are 50 different choices of peanut butter so I just choose one. Rob and I definatley do not have the same style of decision making at times. Take shopping in the grocery store when decisions have to be made. He wants to walk up and down every aisle systematically and check out all 50 different jars of peanut butter. I want to randomly run around the store getting what we need, check out the candy aisle and get out of there. I'm thinking about retiring and people ask me when. I don't know. I'll decide some morning when I feel it is right. I'll probably just wake up, decide I don't want to work any more and tell Rob to call me in retired, then everyone will know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I don't know. I am certainly enjoying the counting down to retirement! But, calling in retired should work, too. Just don't wait too long.

    ReplyDelete