Monday, March 21, 2011

Hair/ not the rock opera

Does anyone else have hair issues? I never know what to do with my hair. It has been super long, super short, straight,  permed,  frosted,  highlighted,  chunks of color. I've done french braids, pony tail, long and straight, pulled back in a barrette, pony tail with scrunchie (remember those)???? I asked Rob if I could get my hair cut short. He said no. I asked Brandy at school the other day if she thought I should get it cut short. She said no. She said I think your hair is kind of short now. Brandy is young. She remembers me when my hair was down to my butt, before I cut it twice for Locks of Love. When I met Rob my hair was really short. I cut it my senior year after years of having long, straight, hippie hair. You know "darlin' give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair", well so much for that with menapause. So tonight I'm sitting here thinking, what next? I'm thinking the wet look. You know that just got out of the shower look. Some mornings when I have to choose between facebook and my hair, I do the wet look anyway. I'm thinking with the summer and the beach. I could just get out of the shower, shake my head, and put some of that gel in it and look like I know what I'm doing or I could just came back from spring break and tell people that this look is really in at the beach. Color! I let the kids in my class choose colors sometimes. My hair is just pretty much a mess now. It hasn't been done professionally in a few months. I buy some of that root touch up stuff and try to cover up as much damage as possible. I don't know maybe I will have a contest on facebook to decide what to do. That worked with naming my plastic flamingos. Remember Flip and Flop. "There ain't no words for the beauty,  the splendor, the wonder of my hair ..............."

4 comments:

  1. I have awful hair, and I too, NEVER know what to do with it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short! As soon as I got mine cut people told me I looked younger and thinner. What's not to like? And I didn't ask my husband, but he still loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your frustations!! I have had long hair my entire adult life. I went for the "wet look" once...Mark hated it. He ask me why I didn't fix my hair...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Donna. Love short hair! Right now I'm growing mine out but don't know how I'm going to survive. Tori challenged me to donate to locks of love when she does next March.

    ReplyDelete