Monday, March 28, 2011

Tree Frog Day cont.

So off we went to the airport. I'm one of those people who think there are signs in the morning as to what the rest of your day will be like. I think the tree frog was meant to be a my sign for the day. We get to the airport, check in and load onto the plane. So far so good, but not for long. The next 2 hours we sat in the plane on the tarmac waiting for take off. The Atlanta airport was closed due to a major storm, and that was our destination for our transfer flight. Thank God I had Rob buy those bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits to go. We chatted with a lady from Arkansas and ate our biscuits.  Finally, after 9:30  our 7:25  flight took off. The only problem was our connector flight was leaving Atlanta at 10:00. At about this moment the pilot informed us that they (Delta) realized that many of us on the plane were missing our connector flights to other places and they would do what they could to make sure that we got where we were suppose to be sometime that day. Sometime today! I have a schedule, a plan, I  just a few hours earlier, had been attacked by a tree frog.  The passengers are told to check their boarding passes at Atlanta to see what flight they have been transferred to. If we ever get to Atlanta.  Finally, we are near the airport when the pilot informs us that because the airport has been closed the arriving flights are backed up and we will need to go into a heading pattern until it is our turn to land. Thank God for the baggie of gummy bears I packed in my purse for emergencies.  30 minutes later we land. Our next connector flight was suppose to be 11:17 but it is 11:05. Could we get off the plane, run through the airport and be able to board in time?  I envisioned myself running through the airport. OK, so walking as fast as I can. I hate to hurry but I did and we made it to our boarding area only to be told we were on stand by. Now we have to call Justin and tell him we are going to be even later. The gummys are gone. Delta only serves Diet Coke. The tree frog was definitely sent as an omen. To be cont.

No comments:

Post a Comment