Sunday, March 27, 2011

Attack of the Tree Frog

I should have known what this day would be like when the alarm went of at five. Five o'clock in the morning is not a natural time to get up on a Sunday, but there was a 7 AM flight to catch to return to my so called normal work life. I drug myself out of bed put on Capri's, the warmest sweater I had in Florida and my thickest flip flops to head back home to WV.  I headed downstairs to gather my last items to put in my carry on bag for the plane. Hearing Rob in my head saying "Don't forget your phone and charger." Into the kitchen I went to retrieve my phone from the counter. Half asleep I reached for my phone on the counter from its usual spot. Out of no where came this thing after me. I screamed. My eyes adjusted and the thing was now stuck to the kitchen wall. There on my kitchen wall was a tree frog clinging to the wall with its little webbed feet. I yelled for Rob and told him to get downstairs. He yelled back that he had just stepped out of the shower. I said to hurry downstairs. He came running downstairs asking me what was wrong. I said, "Look!" There is a frog on the wall.  He said, "I don't see a frog."  I'm thinking how can you not see the frog hanging on the wall. I yelled, "The frog, see, the frog hanging on the wall under your fake hot peppers."  Rob looked at the frog. The frog looked at Rob, with some look like "you sure have some crazy ass wife there, buddy." Rob commented, "Wow, that is a frog!" "Wonder where it came from."  "Wonder where it came from?"  "Get it out of here, it attacked me." I have no idea why Rob thought he could catch a tree frog with a pizza box, but he did. After two attempts, and the frog now on top of the refrigerator, I left the room. I thought I'd better calm my nerves so I got the lap top out and got on face book. A knock at the door, I jumped up by passing the kitchen and answered the door.  It was Dan the Man, neighbor and resident marine biologist. "Dan, there is a tree frog on my kitchen wall," I said.  "That will happen here in Florida," Dan the Man said. It probably came in the door when you had it opened. "Get a broom stick and get it to jump on the broom stick, then you can carry it outside."  "Rob chased it up on the refrigerator with a pizza box," I said. "Why did he do that?" Dan asked. " I don't know, he thought he could catch it." "What happens now?" I asked. " I take you to the airport and you come back in a couple of months to a dead tree frog." To be cont...........

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahhahaha LMAO because Roberta is an imbecile and you tell Dan the Man he'd better get his ass back over there right NOW and let that little guy OUT or I will NOT like him anymore!! :D

    You should have brought it home for my kids, you know, in your purse or something - we love those little guys!!

    ReplyDelete