Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Still tramatized......... The saga and drama cont.

We were finally taken off stand by and put on the flight to Pittsburgh. We arrived to a cold day and Cassie and Justin waiting. I was still in flip flops and capris. Life can be so cruel. Justin wouldn't let me go to the bathroom because he said he was hungry and we needed to leave immediately for the restaurant. Once in the restaurant, I was allowed to go to the bathroom. On the way back from the bathroom the hostess asked me if my feet were cold. I tried to explain that I had just gotten off a plane from Daytona and that is why I was dressed the way I was.  She didn't seem to buy it.  We ate at Max and Erma's. My hamburger and fries were rather tasty. After lunch, I just wanted to head home. No chance of that option. Justin wanted to stop at Gander Mountain. I slept in the car and waited for him to finish shopping. I did ask him to get me a Diet Pepsi. He told me that I would have to wait until Morgantown, that he wasn't going to get off the interstate for a Diet Pepsi. We stopped at Sheetzs  and I finally got my drink.  Then we had to stopped at Subway in Kingwood.  12 hours later we walked in the door. We could have driven home as fast as this day had taken and I would not have had to get up in the dark and be attacked by the tree frog. As we walked into the house, we discovered that Midnight had thrown up three different times. Justin, of course, started complaining about the cat saying that when I am gone he becomes bulimic and psychotic, Midnight not Justin. I had Rob clean that mess up because I was still too tramatized from the tree frog. Actually, I realized I had enough for the day. I was cold. I was facing work the next day. I realized my tan was already fading and at that moment life seemed even more cruel than I remember before I left for Florida. I had no choice. I went to bed to try and begin my slow and painful recovery.  THE END

2 comments:

  1. You make me laught too!! It won't be long before you can go back to the sun and warmth and life will be good again!! I understand the flip-flop, capri thing..my sister amd I come home from Mexico like that and have had to tip-toe through the snow at the airport to get to the car! We stay in denial of the cold for a day or so....

    ReplyDelete