Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shopping confessions

I confess.  I love Dollar General Stores. Rob drives me all the way to Florida and we are surrounded by all kinds of stores and malls and I go to the Dollar Store. I also like Big Lots. There is a new Family Dollar store right down the street. I go there too.  I know I'm crazy but I love bargains.  I do go to some of the boutiques down here like Flamingo Rose and The Sandbox but I only shop off the bargain/clearance racks. I have to confess I even hate to pay full price at the Dollar Store and look for the clearance rack there also as soon as I walk into the store. We go to the Daytona Beach Flea Market.  Remember the place that you can get your teeth bleached or buy a motorcycle. On the way to Florida we stop at a place called JR's.  They have good deals. I always find something at JR's. It  reminds me of an upscale Cool Springs without the foot long hot dogs. We've been in Ormond for two days and I've already been to Dollar General and Big Lots. I always have something to look for when I'm shopping. I'm shopping for prizes for the Chili Cook-off at the Thirsty Bear. I check in with Brandy to see if she thinks something is a good idea.  I feel better that I made this confession because I don't want anyone to think I'm a Talbot's, Macy's, Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's kind of girl. I also will check things out at Goodwill or Salvation Army.  Some of my friends do to but I won't mention their names because they may not want anyone to know. I don't worry about designer names or labels because my personality over rides anything I have on that day. I like my surroundings to have an eclectic look so I don't spend a great amount on home furnishings either.  I like to shop at Baretts Bargains and Primitives in Rowlesburg. If I know of a good yard sale I'll scout out things there. Our realtor here in Ormond moved to Europe and I got great deals at his yard sale on Lenox glasses, art work, chess sets, kitchen appliances, and a designer chair. So there you have it. I am a bargain shopper and I'm talking Dollar Store bargain shopping.

1 comment:

  1. "It reminds me of an upscale Cool Springs without the foot long hot dogs."...I nearly choked om my coffee from laughng when I read that! That's the same thing I have told Mark on a couple different occasions. Once was at the Cherokee Reservation's gift shops in NC. I love bargin shopping also. Most of my clothes come form Gabes or a sale rack somewhere. I need to blog sometime about my vist to Rodeo Drive in LA...I strolled the fancy shops and everything was wearing that day came from Gabes..total worth:$20.00...LOL!

    ReplyDelete