Sunday, March 13, 2011

Somethng Worth Standing For

I believe that what seem like little, insignificant moments can have an ever changing impact on your life. A few years ago, a friend, Joan Pitzer told me that Rob and I should come to Monroe's on Saturday night for the Laurel Mountain Coffeehouse event. She thought I would like the musician, Andrew McKnight. That night began my love affair with Andrew McKnight and his music. He performed songs from his latest CD "Something Worth Sanding For" and I was hooked. I was hooked not only on his music but the lyrics of his songs. His songs have become anthems for the way I want to live. "Something Worth Sanding For" the title track of one of his CDs made me begin to think about what I wanted to stand for in life. I began listening to this CD traveling down the river road on my way to work in the morning. I love to learn the words to songs so I can sing along, so I began to listen intently to the lyrics of each song. Lyrics about being grateful, doing the right things, finding something worth standing for, counting your blessings, and truly understanding that good things matter. So Andrew words have become part of my mantra and his performances part of my life. I've traveled to his neck of the woods in Loudon County, Virginia and he has performed in my small hometown of Rowlesburg, WV. Last night at Monroe's was another chance to hear him perform live, so Rob, Justin, Cassie and I made a dinner reservation for 7 and found ourselves right beside Andrew's performance area. Lisa Taylor was also performing which made the evening extra special. Andrew and Lisa performed to a full house. I not only enjoyed the music but dinner, and the company of family and friends like Michelle, Julie, Mark, and Chris. " Good things matter after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment