Monday, January 24, 2011

Cheesey Bisquits

OK, more on the biscuit thing. I was in Morgantown this evening, so of course Justin wanted to eat out. He suggested Rio Grande but I had a soft taco at Taco Bell for lunch so I really didn't want more Mexican, not that a soft taco from Taco Bell is Rio Grande but I like to spice things up in my old age. At my age, you don't know how many more times you might be eating out and you want to fit as much variety in a day as possible. So being on this "I feel like I'm being deprived" track, biscuits came to mind. Cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster, but wait I really love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays and don't they have biscuits. So off Rob and I go to meet Cassie and Justin at Ruby Tuesday. I ordered crab cakes and salad bar. Rob ordered fish and I forget what Cassie and Justin ordered because I was already obsessing about the crab cake and cheesy biscuits. We all head to the salad bar to get our salads.  Yum Yum !!!!! Main course severed and part way through  Cassie yells "Cheesy biscuits, they forgot our cheesy biscuits." Great, I like my cheesy biscuits with my salad. I demand Rob get our waiter, who was young and cute. "You forgot our cheesy biscuits."  "We are out for the moment."   he said.  "WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!" Cassie and I said. That is why we came here." Young, cute waiter reassured us there were more in the oven, but was there anything else he could do for us. I informed I needed help with housework this coming weekend and a cabana boy at the beach house for the summer. He said he thought he was busy. Off he goes for the cheesy biscuits only to return to say other waiters had  taken all the fresh ones just out of the oven. Before I could get my mouth open he said "I have a special order in just for you." "Good", I said, "and bring to go boxes and bring two orders because I am not in the mood to share my cheesy biscuits." I also asked him the calorie count of their cheesy biscuits. He thinks it is lower than Cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster. So if I just eat 5 cheesy biscuits instead of cheddar biscuits tonight, I could save enough calories for a serving of M&M's for a midnight snack.

2 comments:

  1. You haven't really commited to this healthy eating thing yet, have you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked online: Cheesy Biscuits at Red Lobster has 150 calories and 8 grams of fat. At Ruby Tuesdays, the biscuits have 90 calories and 4 grams of fat.

    ReplyDelete