Sunday, January 2, 2011

Journey back home and traveling cold.

Before I was allowed in the car this morning Rob pointed out to me where the tissue box was and the hazardous waste bags which I was to place my tissues into for proper disposal. I'm not kidding. I promptly passed out. Upon awaking for a quick stop, I preceded to make a couple of phone calls. One to my principal to call in sick. My principal is so happy that his wife is out of town for six weeks and I'm out sick that he could hardly contain his excitement. I finally reached him at school. As soon as I finished  my phones calls, Rob insisted I clean his phone.  This precipitated the next stop which was for cell phone sanitizing wipes. Yes, there are cell phone sanitizing wipes. Rob picked the ocean breeze scent. At this point of the trip, I'm thinking I've done at least a couple of things with Rob throughout our 30 plus year relationship that may have merited "germ phobia" more than this cold.  Just sayin'.  Window and vent placement become a matter of concern. Air flow in the car had to guarantee that my "germs" would properly flow out of the correct window away from Rob. Rob made frequent stops at rest areas to make me dispose of my hazardous waste bags and was more than a little irritated when he realized that I had accidentally used one of his snack bags for my contaminated tissues. By Statesville, NC we had both had enough. I just wanted to go to bed but Rob wanted to go to JR's and shop. I told him to go by himself but he informed me that it would be as fun without me. So I drag myself off the bed and go to JR's. I decided to be nice and let Rob eat at CiCi's Pizza. His long lost Italian Jewish cousin runs the place and he always likes to stop there because he makes him special pizzas. I though I could at least get some hot chicken soup. I get a little salad, because I'm trying to eat better, and my drink. I told Rob I would be right back that I was going to get my soup.  When I come back, he is sitting on the other side of the restaurant with his cell phone and wipes. We finally end up at the same table and finish dinner. On the way to the car Rob tells me to remind him to stop for Lysol spray. Tomorrow I get to go to the doctor, who I know will tell me the reason I have a cold is because I need to loose weight. I'm sure of this because I'm certain if I walked down the street and a comet whirled itself out of the sky at me it would be because I need to loose weight. Did I mention that Rob and my doctor are friends.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are sick. So happy you keep your good humor even then. Be well.

    ReplyDelete