Saturday, January 8, 2011

Regrouping

I'm one of those people who have to regroup. To regroup is to basically "get it all together" again.  This is a regrouping weekend. On a regrouping weekend, I stay home. I do laundry. I clean house. I go through the mail. Rob goes to Walmart, sometimes I go, but I'd rather have a root canal. It is my time to get my house and mind  back to a somewhat state of organization. The past month has been busy. Holidays, birthdays, a trip to Florida, and being sick. I did manage to go to school three days this week but probably shouldn't have. My kids made me feel guilty. They don't like to have subs. So, I floundered through this week not knowing where things were, throwing on clothes in the morning and living on soup and oatmeal. I can only do that for so long. I hate to admit it, but I like organization. I like knowing where things are in the house. I like clean underewear. I like having outfits picked out for the week and an idea of what jewelry I'm wearing. I like knowing there is milk and juice in the house and Rob is downstairs in the morning making my breakfast and lunch. I like the house to be somewhat clean and organized. I don't know why but if everything at home is in a disaray, I don't function well. So this weekend I'll find my keys, make sure my cell phone in charged, wash and put away clothes, reorganize my jewelry, go through the mail, clean out my purse, make phone calls, clean up the kitchen, refill my prescriptions, and get everything just where I like it. Hopefully, things will be back to normal next week. Brandy will be back to school, and back to waiting on me. Thank God for Brandy this year.  She is like a personal assistant. I have found I love having a personal assistant. She keeps me organized at school and is a big help with the class. She knows the value of being organized. I'm not sure why I get disorganized. Rob thinks it is because I don't stay focused and I just lay things down and walk off. I feel like I'm just always multi-tasking. Anyway, I have to regroup this weekend so my mind will have time to think of wonderful words of wisdom instead of "now where is my hair tie and why don't we have any toilet paper?"

4 comments:

  1. I am like that at school and would probably like to be like that at home, but can't seem to pull both of them off at the same time. School always wins. Good luck with your regrouping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd rather get a root canal than do a LOT of things just to see your McHottie!!!! LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always be there to help. Even next year when I am not there if you need a hand just give me a call and I will do what I can to make it work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand just what you are saying! I always have to regroup once or twice a week. Art takes up a lot of my time. So I have to have a day or two when I do laundry, clean house, and organize things.

    ReplyDelete