Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday morning

The older I get the more I love Saturday morning. Saturday morning starts for me on Friday night just knowing I can sleep in late. I love sleeping in late. I use to jump out of bed on Saturday morning and start a marathon of cleaning, errands and activities with Rob and Justin. Now I lay in bed and fall in and out of sleep until almost noon. I do take phone calls in bed on Saturday morning which is usually family like my Mom, Justin or one of my brothers. I lay in bed talking leisurely about the events of the week. This is a treat I don't have time for during the week. Then it is breakfast, which Rob usually makes for me,  because he is just so happy I finally got out of bed. Then I do actually try and accomplish something. Today will be taking the holiday decorations down and cleaning the house. I will do this at a pace that allows for face book, TV, looking through the mail, and blogging. I don't rush life any more. One, I'm too out of shape to rush and to I'm trying to acquire that fine art of slowing down, enjoying life and smelling the flowers. Rob is making me, as I write, an egg sandwich which he will serve me with a cold glass of orange juice. Everyone gives me a hard time about Rob waiting on me but he likes to cook and he likes to wait on me. Seriously. This is also a special Saturday because it is the beginning of the long Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. I will also take time to plan out the rest of my weekend today, which can involve many things. Today is a playoff game between the Steelers and the Ravens. We live in Steeler country but my husband isn't originally from here and he is cheering for the Ravens. There are also some other Raven fans in town so we will probably watch at least part of the game at the Thirsty Bear. I'm very wishy washy about pro ball teams. I generally cheer for the pro football team with the best looking QB, which makes perfect sense to me. Brandy cheers for the team with the prettiest colors, which is one reason I like Brandy.  She thinks like me. So the glory of Saturday begins and the promise of a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment