Monday, January 3, 2011

Remaining loyal and remembering your roots

The nurse today at my doctor's office asked me why I didn't go to the doctor in Florida instead of being sick for a week and driving back here to WV to go to my doctor. I guess it was a good question because Rob thinks it was crazy, too.  One, I really thought I would start feeling better each day. But I am just one of those people that have a loyalty to things. I'm loyal to my true friends, even if you do some really stupid things at times. I'm loyal to my family as annoying as you can be at times. I'm loyal to my state. I'm loyal to my Mountaineers, even if you loose a bowl game. I proudly wear my school colors and display the flying gold and blue on my vehicle. I believe in loyalty and faithfulness. I believe in remembering where you came from and who your childhood friends were when you fell off your bike. I believe in saying that I am from Preston County, WV not saying I live near Morgantown. I believe in saying I'm from Rowlesburg and proud of it. I believe in staying loyal to people, places, and things. Our home is filled with family things. Everything is kind of mismatched but old and comfy. I believe in family and remaining loyal to those artifacts from the past full of memories of my grandparents and great-grandparents. I believe in high school reunions and looking at old yearbooks and face booking my classmates from the Class of "76 of Rowlesburg High School. We will probably always own this home on Oak Street because it is where my roots are and roots sustain life, always have, always will. I believe in God, family and friends. I believe in remaining loyal and remembering your roots. I trust my doctor. He has been there for me through floods, childbirth, diets, pink eye, and now middle age. I drive miles to see a certain doctor, watch the Mountaineers play, help a friend, or be there for a family member. Maybe it is a small town thing or maybe it is just the right thing.

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely post Debra! So nice and positive, very impressed with you! (seriously - I'm NOT being sarcastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loyalty is one of my favorite things, too.

    ReplyDelete