Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cloudy with a chance of snow

I'm really not a winter person. I like warm, sunlight, green, flowers, etc. I don't like slush unless it is a slushy tropical drink by the pool in the summer. I don't like shoes so I really hate boots. I like flip flops, all colors and kinds. I like waking up to sunshine and fresh air. I like open windows and doors. I don't like driving to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. I really hate going outside in the morning when it is cold and warming up my vehicle. I hate the sound that icy window wipers make. I don't like shoveling snow anymore. I don't like bundling up in layers of clothes, coats, and gloves, etc. I don't like winter clothes. I like summer clothes. Winter is dark and dreary and I tend to gain weight. Summer is bright, light and cheery and I tend to loose weight. Nobody is out in the winter. I really don't like waiting for someone to decide whether I am working or not. I have moved from flip flops to clogs but still can't seem to put on my boots. Rob gets upset because he told me that if I dressed appropriately for winter I might like it better. I see nothing wrong with a tee shirt and clogs when you know you are not leaving the car. I know I'm not leaving the car when there is that much snow outside. I bring a coat and gloves with me just in case, but it is hard to eat M&M's with gloves on. I like summer. Summer means sleeping in, breakfast on the porch, walking through the yard looking at my flowers, days at the beach, evenings on the meadow, campfires, swimming, a tan, long naps, cold drinks. Winter for me is long days at school and longer dark evenings inside at home. I've tried doing things in the winter but I just dread going out in the cold and then coming home in the cold. The only thing worse than being cold is cold and wet. Snow tends to be wet. Our house doesn't do well in the winter. Too many icicles form and bring gutters down. I'm trying to think of something positive to say but I just thought of how sick I've been the last 4 weeks and that doesn't help because winter means flu and cold season. Rob won't come near me when I'm sick so I get lonely. There is more laundry to do in the winter because everyone is wearing more clothes. The house gets tracked up.  I don't like doing laundry or cleaning either. The forecast for the next week is cloudy with a chance of snow. I'm still not getting out my boots.

4 comments:

  1. Snow is pretty. You should appreciate this season of dark and rest so that you can enjoy the season of light and rebirth! Come on, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! You THINK you are not getting out of the car in the snow - but remember that awful day last winter when you called me in the morning and got an earful - because I was stuck in slush/ice/sleet with CLOGS ON?? And one glove? I try to remember to bring boots now...and a shovel as opposed to a plastic lid and screwdriver!!!!

    I loathe it just as much as you do Sister!! And I approve the above message!!

    Donna we can appreciate PICTURES of snow, we don't need the real thing! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.. we have a gutter hanging off the back of the house. You have SEEN the backside of my house right? No one in this town seems to have a ladder tall enough to reach and I am too poor to go and purchase one. Tomorrows NUMBER ONE thing to do is to open up my kitchen window and reach out with the broom to knock off the unGODLY sized icicles hanging off of the hanging gutter. Because if I DONT, when everything starts sliding off of the roof and moving that rogue gutter around, those huge icicles will come straight through my kitchen window. Good times.

    As much as I loved FL, I really love being here. T works from home and my schooling is done from home, so we dont HAVE to go out most days, so it really is not so bad for us.

    It is pretty and my kid LOVES playing in the snow. So, as much as I DO miss FL, I really cannot complain because I am in a place I love, in a house I love even more..

    I look forward to spring and summer, that is for sure, because THAT is my element, no doubt!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls, it is part of "the circle of life"...you have to sing it yourself...I'm singing it here, but you can't hear me, can you???? Hope you got up early enough to enjoy the sun this morning!

    ReplyDelete